The optimal studying strategy
- Glance at past year paper questions
Rationale: understand the kind of questions to be asked, prime the brain for chunking, mental pump
- Glance through relevant textbook chapters
Same rationale. Understand the big picture.
for n from 1..N
- Glance at tutorial n
Understand the problems that typically come out from this chapter.
- Glance at textbook chapter subheadings/structure.
Form big picture.
- Read textbook with 2 passes minimum.
- First pass to get general feel, less math
- Second pass to understand deeper
Work through the example problems at least once after first pass, when encountered during second pass. Attempt to recall during break, in a different location. Try to solve the problem without referencing solution.
Rework this problem after the break.